Wednesday, September 22, 2010

7 Things About Me!

I am so very honored  to receive The Versatile Blogger award from Alison Marie over at Classy Columbus Designs.  As a new blogger it really means so much! If you haven't visited Alison Marie's site be sure to stop by and while you are there check out her yummy looking recipe for Jalapeno Corn Dip!

A "Versatile Blogger" brings everything to the table - a little of this and a little of that."

Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:

  • Thank & link back to the person who gave you the award
  • Share 7 things about yourself
  • Pass the award on to (up to) 15 other bloggers who you have recently discovered and think are fabulous
  • Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award.
  
Ok, so here are the 7 things about me:

  • I ALWAYS wear red lipstick.  At 49 years old I don't see that changing.  Got my first tube from my Grandmother as a young teen, it was Coty brand and smelled like wax. I have tried other colors but nothing feels like home but red (which is also my most favorite color in other things!)
  • I have never lived outside of Alabama.  I was born in Andalusia, raised in Auburn, Tuscaloosa and Huntsville and still live in Huntsville.  Guess I am just always gonna be a Bama Girl (the state - not the team, I am an Auburn Tigers fan all the way!!).
  • I am married to a wonderful man named Jeff.  Jeff is a good name in my family - we have 3 of them!  My husband, one of my 3 brothers and my son-in-law are all named Jeff.  It gets very confusing when we are all together!
  • I do not eat or cook with eggs - ever.  If you serve me something that has eggs in it just please, please don't let me know!  Never liked them, even as a kid.  Don't know why - it is just the way God made me I guess :)
  • I love being a wife, mother and grandmother. Up until about 4 years ago I was a full time career girl - it was a great ride but nothing compared to the joy I have found being at home full time. And there is just nothing like hearing the sound of little baby feet running through my house when my daughter and her family visit from Hoover (Alabama, of course).  Life just doesn't get any better than this! 
  • I love decorating of all kinds - for the holidays, for parties, for weddings, for the seasons.  I have lived in this house since I was in my 20's and I am always rearranging or changing something to make it feel fresh and new.  I used to think I would one day live in a bigger house but now I just can't imagine leaving all the memories we have built right here.  The older I get the more I appreciate the history this house and I share!
  • I really enjoy blogging!  I started this blog in August after "stalking" other blogs for years!  One day it just occurred to me that hey, I could do that!  I have lots to learn but I am thoroughly enjoying the process. I feel so much joy every time one of you leave a comment on my blog, or whenever I log on and find I have a new follower!  (I have 46 followers now - I just can't believe it and appreciate each one of them so much!!)
 
    Now, to pass on the award:  I could pass this one to 15 but hey, it is almost 8 pm and I haven't started supper so I am going to try to pass it on to only 10.  I know I might be breaking a rule but isn't that what rules are for?  Here are the 10 blogs I am giving The Versatile Blogger award to:  
    1. Green Willow Pond
    2. The Penny Parlor
    3. Janie's Porch
    4. Sixty-Fifth Avenue 
    5. Paisley Passions
    6. Inspired Nesting  
    7. Pocket Full of Pink
    8. Dream Home DIY  
    9. A Moment of Simplicity
    10. Southern In My Heart


    5 comments:

    Alison Marie said...

    WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

    The Allens said...

    I didn't know you were from Andalusia...my assistant, Leisa Taylor is from there!

    Lori@Paisley Passions said...

    WOW! Thanks a bunch for the award!!! It made my day to see it :)

    Patti said...

    Thank you for the award! I posted it proudly on my site, along with your link. It always feels good to be appreciated! =) My blog is still a work in progress....but I'm learning as I go! (Kinda like life! *wink*)

    Have a GREAT day! Oh..and weekend!
    Patti

    Laurie said...

    Hi there! Good news! You won one of the nesty plaques from my giveawy:
    http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2010/09/4-winners-announced.html

    Please email me your mailing address so I can ship one out to you!
    sceneofthegrime(at)yahoo(dot)com

    Congrats! Laurie