Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall Mantel


Do you love Fall as much as I do?  I know it does not officially begin until September 22nd, but I just couldn't wait to kick the season off with a Fall mantel! 


I didn't purchase anything to decorate my mantel this year.  I just went around the house and pulled things together that were the right colors, textures and shapes.  

My sweet husband hesitantly agreed to happily wired last year's wreath to my mirror for me, and I love the way they look together. I grabbed a tray from the kitchen and a matching one from the great room ottoman to use as back drops; pulled out a few glass copper balls from my Fall stash, added some tea-lights, a few vintage books, a tarnished silver bowl (I am way to lazy to polish it so tarnish is my new BFF), wrapped a little jute string around the lids to the candle-holders and called my mantel done!





I love the way candle light bounces around the books and the glass copper balls. 


So, have you started decorating for Fall? Take a look around your house and see what you can pull together.

All I need now is for the weather to cool down enough for me to fire up the gas logs!

 I am linking this up to the following:

Click here to go to A Stroll Thru Life


And to Fall Nesting Party at the Inspired Room

Photobucket

16 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it!! I don't know how you do it. I wish I was as creative as you, mom, and Lindsey. Why didn't I get that gene passed on to me. Haha! I'm ready to come sit in front of your gas logs and drink hot chocolate. :)

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Oh...I love your all mantel! So pretty especially the mercury glass ornaments mixed in. I need to get busy and do my own fall decorating.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your mantel is lovely. I like the mix of books, finials, the bird and all the foliage. Very pretty. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty mantel! Not too crowded or minimal, perfect!! I love how you did the mirror. It's always nice to find things around the house to decorate one area with. Nicely done!!

Happy TT Tuesday! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty fall mantle decor, nice vignette!

Katherine

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your mantel looks outstanding...love how you used the old books! I hope to get my home all done soooon!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Very nice...so warm and inviting. I wish I could do that on my mantel. Unfortunately I have to decorate around a 42" tv and audio equipment that my husband so nicely placed there. lol Great job!

Karen said...

I love seeing decorating ideas using books. This is so warm and cozy.

PC said...

Lovely Mantle! Thanks for sharing these great ideas,
Paula from Idaho
http://bucketsofideasforfall.blogspot.com/

this blessed nest said...

i love it. what an amazing collection you have. love the mix of the birds, silver bowl & foliage all together. fantastic.

thank you once again for linking up with the FALL FESTIVAL! it was a pleasure having you.
hope to see you next week!
kellie

Donna Lynn said...

So lovely that you didn't have to buy a thing to pull such a beautiful look off! The wreath is wonderful, nice man you have there for sure ;)

Jane said...

Your mantle looks great! Love the colors and the textures....and the concept of "using what you've got"!

Popped over from your link at This Blessed Nest's Fall Festival. Can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

~ Jane
www.janiesporch.blogspot.com

Amy Kinser said...

It all looks very pretty. You did a great job putting it all together.

Partying with you.

Petie said...

Looks awesome! I have many of those Southern Living pieces too. Aren't they versatile? Actually used the lanterns in my fall centerpiece at Fall Fest.

Looking forward to checking out more of your blog.

the cape on the corner said...

i am lovin' your mantle! it looks very rustic inspired, and i just love how natural it all looks, using books, etc.

Sue said...

Your mantel has a lovely seasonal look to it. I like the use of the all of your items- books, hurricanes, finials, leaves. They all add such a nice mix of textures. :-)
~ Sue