Thursday, September 16, 2010

A few things I have been doing...

I can't believe it has been a week since my last post - where has my time gone??  Actually, here is a clue:


I am in the midst of gathering and pricing much loved but no longer needed items for a yard sale.  What a huge undertaking!

 
It has been at least 10 years since I have had a yard sale so you can just imagine the stuff I have stashed away in the attic, in the garage, in closets and yes, even under beds! 

My friend and I are having the sale together in 1 week and 2 days and I am wondering if I will be even be ready by then.  How did I ever get SO MUCH STUFF??

My house looks like a thrift store - I can't even FIND the great room sofa and I am scared to death my door bell will ring and it will be my ever so organized and always decluttered neighbor stopping in for a cup of coffee! 

During the past week (which feels like a month) I have managed to do a little thrifting...(like I NEED anything else!)


I picked up this sweet little table at GW for $15.  Don't have a clue where I will put it but I can't wait to paint and glaze it!


I love all the details in the legs and spindles and the adorable little magazine holdy thing on the side.  Maybe I will paint it red, or yellow or a creamy white.  Oh well, this will certainly have to wait until AFTER the yard sale is over!

I have also made a few water bottle labels for a friend's daughter's baby sprinkle:


And a few more labels for another friend's grandmother shower but my pictures didn't turn out good enough to show you.

I ordered some of this...


From Amazon.com because when I get this yard sale behind me I want to use the technique described on Ticking and Toile's blog to transfer an image onto a pillow.  Go here to see the amazing tutorial!

And I STARTED making a book page wreath but only got as far as wrapping my straw wreath in muslin strips when this yard sale mania took over my life.


So, forgive me if I am a little tied up until this yard sale mess is over.  I do hope I can carve out a little time to get some things done in the house but from the looks of things I may be destined to spend the week sweating in the attic and climbing under beds gathering things for the sale.  It will be good to get the house decluttered - I need to make room for all the little treasures I will surely bring home over the next 10 years!























3 comments:

Jane said...

I've been planning on having a yard sale for several weeks now. But, all three of my grown kids have been over here - raiding the bins of stuff I've accumulated to decorate their own places. I don't know whether to be flattered or frustrated! Good luck!!!

pointsforcreativity said...

LOL! That wine bottle box in the box of stuff is the EXACT SAME one I JUST bought at a yard sale recently. :D I am mentally shopping your sale based on what I can see. I want a bunch of it! LOL

Jessica

Alison Marie said...

I recently recieved The "Versatile Blogger" award, and I want to give one to you on my blog! I linked to your site. To accept, please visit http://classycolumbusdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/09/7-things-about-me.html
Thanks!
Alison