Thursday, September 9, 2010

Have you seen these??? (Bling Love)

Not long ago I was in Hobby Lobby and came across these:


I was so excited!  Magnetic Bling!  (Now, why didn't I think of that?)  My mind went to racing about all the things in my house that could use a little blinging.  So I frantically grabbed up quickly purchased three packs (hey, they were 50% off!) of these:

 And drove like a mad woman all the way home.


This is my dining room light fixture.  I really do love it with its warm honey tones and slightly rustic appearance.  But I get bored even with things I love from time to time.  So...


I ripped open the little package of bling and quickly began adding them to each arm of the chandelier until it looked like this... 


It is just a subtle change but I feel like I have a brand new fixture!  Since they were on sale I only spent 5 minutes and $11.99 for the update!  That's is less than I spent the other day for a burger and drink! 

But, I wasn't finished yet...


This little mirror hangs in a narrow space between the window and the back door in my kitchen.  I use it to make sure my lipstick is OK before leaving the house, as every southern gal is taught to always do.  Even this little mirror could use a face-lift so...


I added a little bling love and woh-lah...


Now, even my husband agrees this is an improvement!  I still had two left so I rushed to the foyer and took a look at these candle sconces...


I love these sconces - I ordered them from Southern Living at Home and honestly I never thought of them as "plain" until I started blinging.  So, in less than 1 minute they went from drab to fab...



Now I can't stop testing surfaces in my house to see if they are magnetic!  If you are interested in finding these they are on the end caps near the lamps in Hobby Lobby .  Best part is when the lamps are half price (which is like every other week) so is the bling!

I think this is a pretty good before and after story, don't you?  And, if I ever tire of the bling I can easily remove it! 


I am participating in the following parties:





Beyond The Picket Fencegiveaways





9 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the bling and I really like the flannel you added to the candle in the other post. My husband would have a fit if I cut up his old flannel shirt.

Lindy said...

I just added you to the end of my post for today - hope it was okay. Love the idea - thanks.

Lindy said...

Oh, and I'm you new follower...

Patti said...

what a great idea....love it!

Jane said...

These caught my eye at Hobby Lobby the other night (as any sort of bling usually does), but I wasn't quite sure what I would do with them. Now, I know! And they are half off this week! I especially love the little touch of bling on the mirror where you check your lipstick. Perfect!

The Penny Parlor said...

I LOVE the crystals! what a great idea! I will def. have to remember that! Thank you for commenting on the penny parlor! i appreciate it! -Amanda

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

LOVE all your ideas for these little treasures! I think I need to go buys some now. :)

Display Home Melbourne said...

I love it! Great ideas for home interiors. I love the displays and the colors.

Kalina said...

Huge impact at a small price, I wish we had those in Canada! :(