Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Projects in Review & My Top (favorite) Project

I have only been blogging since August so I don't have a slew of amazing projects to share like so many of you. But, as I look back over the past 5 months there are a few projects that I really enjoyed doing....


My oak kitchen make-over is by far my "top" or most favorite project of 2010. 

This is how my kitchen used to look - yucky oak, ugly green counter tops, and unfinished space under the oven.

This is how my kitchen looks now - all fresh and creamy white, granite counter tops and an actual door under the oven!


This is my island before the make-over - pretty, huh???  (NOT!)


And this is my island now - same piece with new top (longer than before), corbels added, new hardware and all decked out in distressed black paint with copper glazing.  Love it!!

You can read about my total oak kitchen makeover here.

My other favorite projects of 2010 (in no particular order) are below:



Guest bedroom turned into "Family Heritage Room", a place for our over-night guest to learn more about our family history.  You can read about it here.


Old Clock turned into picture frame (find post here). 


Drab to fab candlesticks (with WalMart vases added!).  
You can read the post here


Old silverware box turned into beautiful serving utensil storage.  
Read all about it here.  

Brass candlesticks made-over + sheet music candles.
(The post can be found here.)

I am linking this post to Rhoda's Top Projects of 2010 link party over at Southern Hospitality.  Go on over and check the party out and while you are there check out Rhoda's amazing blog!!

Happy New Year y'all!!



4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Awesome projects! Your kitchen just blows me away, that is my dream kitchen! Beautiful!

Honey at 2805 said...

Great projects! Really love the kitchen redo and the island! My kitchen cabinets are screaming at me "we want to look like Jennifer's!"

I have just become a follower and hope you will pay me a visit, but I warn you, I'm not nearly so creative as you.

Pamela said...

Jenifer your kitchen remodel is gorgeous!!! Ya did a wonderful job!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Jennifer, I just found your wonderful blog and I have been browsing the archives. Your kitchen transformation is amazing! I love everything you did and it's hard to believe that is the same island.
Hugs,
Sherry
ps: I am now following