Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Book Page Wreath


I finally did it - I made a book page wreath!!  I have wanted to for a long time, even started once by wrapping my wreath form in muslin strips.  But now, it is done!  Just in time for Christmas!!

I hung it over the entertainment center in the red room - my little TV / sitting room right off the kitchen.  I love the way it pops off my old, faded dying to be ripped off red wallpaper.


I paired it with these sheet music candles I made last month.  I love the way the sheet music and the old dictionary pages of the book wreath compliment each other!


 And I added these cute little girls just because they make me happy!


Don't their cute little faces just make you smile?  I have had these forever and can't even imagine parting with them!


And it just wouldn't seem right not to include some old tarnished silver and shiny Christmas balls.  I used to hate tarnish and I kept my silver trays and bowls behind closet doors - now I actually like the aged look of tarnished silver.  (Do you think that is weird??)

My sitting room (affectionately known as the "red room" around here) is too small to have a lot of decorations, but I am very pleased with the way this little vignette turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by!




I am linking this to:

Savvy Southern Style's BTB Party here
Someday Craft's Whatever Goes Wednesday Party here
Trendy Treehouse's Creative Share Blog Hop here 

3 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That looks great and what a cute vignette. I have not attempted one of those yet. Thanks for joining the party and have a wonderful Christmas!

DANA said...

I am your newest follower, and guess what?! It's linky party time again! I hope to have you come link up and enter my $50 american Express giveaway! Happy holidays!
-Dana, Saturday Mornings

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

CAS said...

I think this is so great. I will be bookmarking it for next year.
CAS