Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick Change in Sitting Room

 
I am slowly getting the house back to "normal" after Christmas.  I don't know why it is taking me so long this year - guess I just hated to see the holidays end!  Any who, you might remember the book page wreath I made and decked out in the big red bow for Christmas...


Here is how it looked in my sitting room for Christmas....
 
I have enjoyed the wreath so much I just wasn't ready to take it down.  So, I took off the red bow and added a burlap one....


I really like the way it turned out and think I will keep it up for a bit longer!  I really like the brooch added to the center, it was a gift from a dear friend and a replica of one owned by Jackie Kennedy.



I removed all the other "Christmassy" (is that a word??) items, and the red bows from the sheet music candles and created this little vignette over the TV cabinet. I left the tarnished silver tray and bowl because, as you know, I love the look of old silver!  I haven't decided yet if I want to put anything in the bowl, but the thick snow outside is calling me to come play so that decision will have to wait!


Thanks for stopping by and ya'll try to stay warm today - we have about 8 inches of snow here in North Alabama!
I am linking up to...

Make it 4 Monday @ Cottage Instincts here
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch here
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Show Off here
Get Your Craft On! @ Today's Creative Blog here
Making the World Cuter Monday @ Making the World Cuter here 
 




6 comments:

Heidi said...

Great wreath! I love the burlop bow! I do the same thing, after Chistmas I selectivly leave out RED things that can be transformed into things for Valentine's Day decor!
Hugs, Heidi

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Hi Jennifer, This is the first time I've seen a book page wreath done in loops. I really like it, it has a more finished look. Your burlap bow pin is just genius--I have some pretty pins that I want to display, I think this is a great idea. Blessings, Kim

afistfullofweeds* said...

Iam sooo jealous of your snow!! I have not seen one single flake, and Iam in southern Alabama!!! Iam lovin your wreath !! Rhonda

g.suzie said...

Burlap seems to be the new 'hot
ticket' lately.
I like how you've added the touch of burlap to your wreath.

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Snow in TN too!! :)
So link me to your book page wreath?? Do you have instructions for it?? That is ca-ute!! Love the burlap addition!!

Linda said...

Thanks for showing this beautiful wreath. Love the flower.