Sunday, September 7, 2014

DIY Fall Wreath...Hello Fall!

Hello Fall!  Finally got around to making a new wreath for the front door.  Unfortunately I left my good camera in Auburn a couple of weekends ago so I am limited to my iPhone for pictures.  I think you can see the beautiful fall colors even if not the greatest photography!




Hubby was taking a nap so I made a mad dash to Hobby Lobby.  Trust me, it is better if I do it this way! (I did leave him a note.)


In about 30 minutes I was able to grab everything I thought I would need and get back home.  I laid it all out on the kitchen table, grabbed some burlap and twine, and my handy dandy glue gun.  (No, I don't use that cookie sheet for cooking - it is dedicated to my glue gun!)


I just cut all the little stems apart and started tucking and gluing it all in place until I liked it.  I did start with some back ground grassy - type fall stems just to add interest and volume. (Note to Self:  get some decent wire cutters!!!)


After I tucked in the larger flowers and the gourds/pumpkins I decided not to add a burlap bow.  With all the pretty colors I just didn't feel it needed it.


By the time hubby was awake it was on the door!  Now if we can just get some cooler weather I can really get in the mood for fall!

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse of fall in Alabama!  Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs XX00!

Jennifer

I am participating in Domestically Speaking's Inspire Me Monday link party here

2 comments:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Love your fall wreath! So pretty and I love how you only filled 1/2. I'm featuring your wreath in my Friday Features tomorrow. Thanks for linking up to Inspire Me Monday.

Southern Inspirations Blog said...

Thank you Maryann! I am just getting back to blogging after a 2 year break and I am so excited!